Saturday, January 29, 2011

To the moon and back

She's taking her time  making up the reasons to justify all the hurt inside. Guess she knows- from the smiles and the look in their eyes- everyone's got a theory about the "bitter one".
They're saying, "Mama never loved her much"
and, "Daddy never keeps in touch.
That's why she shies away from human affection"

But somewhere in a private place, she packs her bags for outer space... And now she's waiting for the right kind of pilot to come.      And she'll say to him:

"I would fly you to the moon and back if you'll be...
If you'll be my baby.
I've got a ticket for a world where we belong.
So would you be my baby?"

She can't remember the time when she felt needed. If love was red; then she was color blind. All her friends- well, they've been trialed for treasons, and crimes that were "never defined".
She's saying, "Love is like a barren place, and reaching out for human faith- it's... It's like a journey I just don't have a map for"


"So baby, gonna take a dive, and push the shift to overdrive."

Send a signal that she's hanging all her hopes on the stars... What a pleasant dream!  
She's saying, 

"I would fly to the moon and back if you'll be...
If you'll be my baby.
I've got a ticket for a world where we belong.
So would you be my baby?"

Hold on... hold on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment